Thursday March 9, 2023
In-Person at Bodman PLC 99 Monroe Ave NW | Suite 300 | Grand Rapids MI 49503
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
$249 members of the MI Chamber / $349 for non-members
Our new post-pandemic world has proven to be dynamic. Inflationary pressures, every-increasing wage demands, supply chain issues, evolving regulatory restrictions and reductions in force have altered workplace rules and expectations for HR professionals and employers across Michigan. That shift, coupled with already constantly evolving employment laws, make this interactive, in-person update a must for businesses of all sizes and kinds.
Get the latest on trends that are emerging and here to stay as well as key workplace issues that employers must be aware and on top of – from new regulations, dealing to major business fluctuations, to the many other changes, both societal and governmental, underway.
Join us and employment law expert Aaron Graves from the Bodman law firm this fall to stay up to date and ahead of the key changes that may impact you and your business while gaining practical tips and tools that you can deploy. Space is limited; sign up soon!
What you will learn:
• Current, emerging and lasting workplace priorities and trends
• Issues federal regulators are on the hunt for – latest FTC, EEOC & DOL enforcement priorities impacting the workplace
• How to ensure compliance when hiring in a tight labor market
• Implementing workforce reductions
• Potential ESTA implications / compliance
• Effectively identifying and dealing with harassment and discrimination issues
• New pregnancy / post-pregnancy accommodation requirements
• Adeptly managing remote workers and exploring potentially overlooked issues (tax, performance, etc.)
• New and pending laws potential impacting Michigan employers
• Handling difficult FLSA, FMLA and ADA issues with best practices
• Increasing Union organizing activity and potential elimination of right to work
Expert Presenter: John David Gardiner
Mr. Gardiner's legal practice is focused on the representation of employers in employment law matters and on general business and civil litigation. In addition, John has received several awards and recognition for his work.
- Grand Rapids Magazine Top Lawyers 2022, Labor and Employment
- Grand Rapids Magazine Top Lawyers 2019, White Collar Criminal Defense
- Michigan Rising Stars 2018-2019, Employment & Labor
Four and a half (4.5) HR (General) recertification credit hours for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Four and a half (4.5) PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.