March 10 - 13, 2020
Michigan Chamber, Lansing
Daily: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
$970 Members / $995 Future Members
($100 discount for additional registrants from the same company)
It is critical to keep your employees safe and your facility in compliance with OSHA and MIOSHA standards. Please join us for this four-day course to get expert instruction on the OSHA standards and codes and leave with an excellent grasp of the more complicated elements of OSHA for general industry.
When you successfully complete the 30-hour course, you will earn an official federal OSHA general industry course completion card to show your commitment to workplace safety and health and overall understanding of workplace hazards.
- OSHA Intro w/most cited standards, penalties, recordkeeping info, inspection guidelines, whistleblower protections, etc.
- Walking/Working Surfaces & Fall Protection
- Exits, Emergency Action, Fire Prevention/Protection
- Electrical & LOTO w/NFPA 70E, MIOSHA Parts 40 & 85 (the 2nd hour is required in 30-hour class, rather than optional)
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Forklifts (Material Handling, Part 1 INTRO)
- Industrial Hygiene Intro
- HAZCOM / SDS / GHS
- Hazardous Materials
- Material Handling, Part 2 Cranes, Slings, Chains, Aisles (required expansion for 30-hour)
- Material Handling, Part 2 (continued)
- Fire Prevention/ Exits (required expansion for 30-hour)
- Permit Required Confined Spaces
- Managing Safety & Health, Part 1 – JSRAs & jobsite analyses
- Managing Safety & Health, Part 2 – Countermeasures
- Effective Safety Training Delivery for Adult Learners
- Welding, Cutting, Brazing
- Industrial Hygiene - noise / ventilation problem solving
- Hand & Portable Tools
- Workplace Violence Prevention
- Safety & Health Programs: FOCUS 4 and comparisons of industrial v. construction standards
- Hazard Search & Prevention using OSHA & MIOSHA websites
- PPE & HAZCOM Workshop
- LOTO Hazard Workshop
- Recordkeeping Workshop
- Machine Guarding Workshop
- Fall Protection & ERGO Workshop
- Safety & Health Quiz Show & Teachback Exercise
End of 30-hour class – students must attend all 4 days to earn 30-hour outreach general industry 30-hour course completion card
*Subject to change, if OSHA updates program requirements.
Laura A. Simms, SHRM-CP, CSP, Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer is a safety manager for a major auto company. Funny and energetic, she fills her classes with practical exercises that participants may tie directly to their workplace health and safety programs. She earned her OSHA specialist certificate at Eastern Michigan University, her master’s degree at Central Michigan University, and her bachelor’s degree at Wayne State.
Twenty-four (24) credits for the MI Chamber Environmental Health and Safety Compliance Certification Program.
Thirty (30) HR (General) recertification credit hours for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Thirty (30) PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
What others have said about this presenter:
“Laura is a great speaker. She keeps it very interesting. Not only would I love to come to more of her seminars, I would highly recommend her to anyone I believe needs training.” – Teresa Samdal, S. Group Automotive, Ltd.
“Laura is an excellent presenter. She does a great job interacting with her audience and knows the material that she is presenting. I would like to attend other seminars that she presents.” – Tim Armstrong, Life EMS Ambulance, Inc.
“Laura Simms kept me interested from start to finish. She showed me a different way to approach different situations. After taking her seminar I feel more confident with the position I hold at the company I work for.” – Robert Green, Knight Carbide, Inc. Laura Simms kept me interested from start to finish. She showed me a different way to approach different situations. After taking her seminar I feel more confident with the position I hold at the company I work for.” – Robert Green, Knight Carbide, Inc.